Saturday, March 26, 2011

Lava Flows

Last week marked the one year anniversary of our last trip to Hawaii. 
Such great memories!  And one of the memories that we have tried to recreate is this yummy treat!
It took me a couple of tries, but I think I finally got it pretty close to the real thing.
Enjoy!!!


*3 oz of pina colada syrup
*1 cup of ice
*1 cup vanilla ice cream
*whipped cream
*1 1/2 cups strawberry puree
(I made my own strawberry puree
by blending 1 1/2 cups frozen strawberries,
a little bit of water, a splash of lemon juice and
about 1/3-1/2 cup of sugar)
-Make the strawberry puree in blender first if you need to.
-In a blender, blend the pina colada syrup, ice
 and ice cream. Pour into glasses and
garnish with strawberry purree.

-Top with whip cream. 

(You can add some sprite to the lava flow if you want a little kick to it,
because the "real"
lava flows have rum added to it.  We add the Sprite sometimes and this is good either way.)

No comments:

Post a Comment