Monday, March 7, 2011

Spaghetti Squash






Brent and I love Spaghetti squash.  I like it plain, with a little butter, salt and pepper.  But it is also very good with Spaghetti Sauce on top.

We bought one last week that was 99 cents a pound.  The total was 1.19 and it lasted 3-4 meals.  Very easy and very delicious.


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Wash the squash, especially around the stems.

Stab the squash with a knife while making the 'Psycho' movie sounds.

Put in oven, right on the rack.

Set the timer for 1 hour.

Pull out the squash with oven mitts.

Let the squash cool a bit, or if you are brave, use your oven mitts while it is hot.

Cut the squash in half the long way.  Scoop out the seeds and the squash guts (the stuff in the middle that is usually a darker yellow/orange. )

Be careful not to throw away the part you eat!

Scoop out the sides and the squash should easily fall apart into noodle like strands.

Put a little butter, salt and pepper on it and YUMMMO!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so when did you guys start the cooking blog? Love it! So I love spaghetti Squash too! My kids not so much. So I chop it up really fine and put it in their mac-n-cheese and anything that asks for cheese I will throw it in and they think it is cheese. So sneaky I love it!

    ReplyDelete