Wednesday, July 13, 2011

(not the best picture, sorry!)


Sesame Chicken Potstickers
1 10oz pkg gyoza wrappers
1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts, skinned, boned and finely chopped (about 2)
4 TBS Sesame Oil
1 Cup Celery, finely chopped
1/2 cup green onion, chopped
3 TBS. chicken broth
2 TBS. Cornstartch
1 tsp. each sugar and salt

Combine the chicken, vegetables, liquids and seasonings in a bowl.  Mix well.
             Work 6-8 wrappers at a time, keep others covered.  Place 2 tsp filling in center of each gyoza. Moisten edges with water, fold in half over filling, and pinch edges to seal.  Set up right on baking sheet and keep covered (or freeze for later).
            Heat 1 TBS. oil in Frying pan over medium heat.  Set potstickers in pan seam side up.  Cook uncovered 5-7 minutes or until the bottoms are deep golden brown..  Pour in 1/4 c. water, immediately reduce heat to low.  Steam covered for 6 minutes (if potsiters are frozen, increase steaming time to 5 minutes.)

Cook 2 doz at  time in 11 inch frying pan; makes 4 doz. 


**** My notes******

I don't do all the covering and uncovering. I simply fold up the pot stickers and put them on a plate until I have as many as I want ready. Then I cook them.  I also don't make quite as much feeling because I always seem to run out of the wrappers, maybe I just need to fill them a little more.  I have also added chopped carrots to them and it tasted good!
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment