Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Homemade Zuppa Toscana Soup

I've made this a few times over the years, and I think it tastes just like the soup at that one Italian Restaurant... :)

Here's the recipe. Try it, you won't be disappointed.

1/2 pound of Italian Sausage (I like the HOT kind, but the family likes Medium)
3/4 cups diced onions
6 slices of bacon (I use the pre-cooked bacon and it tastes the same)
1 1/4 teaspoons minced garlic
2 cups of chicken broth
1 quart water (4 cups)
4-5 russett potatoes, cut in half and then into 1/4 inch slices
2 cups Kale (I use fresh spinach)
1/3 cups Heavy whipping cream (I use milk if it's all I have on hand)

-Cook the sausage and crumble it. Place onions and bacon in large saucepan and cook over medium heat until onions are almost clear. Add garlic and cook an additional minute. Add chicken broth, water, and potatoes. Simmer 15 minutes. Add sausage, kale, and cream. Simmer another 4 minutes and serve.

-Top with parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment